I use Semantic Versioning which has 3 numbers separated by a dot: Major.Minor.Patch.
A major change is an incompatible change that requires major realignment. Examples include:
entirely removing an archetype, class, species, or theme
moving an archetype from one class to another
majorly reworking an archetype, class, species, or theme
A minor change is a change that should take minimal realignment. Examples include:
renaming a theme or splitting a theme to multiple themes
removing a theme from a power source
adding a new archetype, class, subclass, species, concoction, feat, maneuver, spell, or theme
changing an archetype, class, subclass, species, concoction, feat, maneuver, spell, or theme
A patch change is generally a bug fix. Examples include wording adjustments or correcting a feature that does not work as intended.
December 30th, 2022
- Suffused Shapeshifter now has the Volatile Vigor feature.
- Suffused Vessel removed as it is too similar to the Shapeshifter in identity. Unleashing your patron is now an optional choice when shapeshfiting.
December 25th, 2022
- Alchemist Mutant now has 10 health die and has a rampage ability.
- Naturalist Shifter Bestial Weapons now do more damage at 5th and higher level.
- Frost Nova reworked to be an escape spell, similar to how it works in WoW.
- Ring of Frost removed in favor of Frost Nova.
- Frost Ring concoction reworked to match Frost Nova.
- Frost Trap removed in favor of Frost Ring.
- Blinding Light, Obscure, and Warp Eyes/Ears now do slightly less damage.
- Blinding Poison reworked to be similar to Blinding Light.
- Blinding Poison Bomb is now unstable.
- Lingering Poison spell added.
- Lingering Poison Bomb added.
- Poison Potion can no longer be thrown now that Lingering Poison exists. Concoctions are meant to be spheres, generally.
- Midnight Tears concoction added.
- Corrosive Consumption Bomb fixed to be a sphere.
- Frostburn Bomb fixed to be a sphere.
- Sand in the Eyes renamed Blinding Debris.
December 24th, 2022
- Smoke Bomb added to the Shadow theme.
- Poison Potion slightly reworked to be more standard.
- Poison Potion can now be thrown, affecting a creature in the space where it shatters.
- Paralytic Poison added as a Concoction.
- Freezing Bomb added as a Concoction.
- Frost Trap added as a Concoction.
- Cold Snap, Crippling Pain, and Slowing Poison can now be augmented to increase the slowed level to slowed 3 and slowed 4.
- Cold Snap Bomb added.
- Slowing Poison Bomb added.
- Ice Breath concoction added.
- Frostburn Bomb added.
- Corrosive Consumption Bomb added.
- Frost Ring concoction added.
- Freeze Vial concoction added.
- Stinking Cloud Bomb added.
- Noxious Plume Bomb added.
- Neutralize Poison Potion added.
- Toxic Breath concoction added.
- Blinding Poison and Blinding Poison Bomb added.
- Poison Potion corrected to cost 1 catalyst.
December 8th, 2022
- Black Dragons are immune to the Poisoned condition.
- Added Greatwyrms.
- Synchronized damage amounts on attacks across greatwyrms, ancient dragons, adult dragons, young dragons, and wyrmlings.
December 7th, 2022
- Added Ancient, Young, and Wyrmling Dragon Turtles.
- Added Sea Serpents.
December 6th, 2022
- Suffused Draconic origin updated based on the dragon changes.
- Dragons and dragon-like creatures are now proficient with Intimidation.
- Black Dragons changed to have a Poison Breath instead of Acid Breath and Poison and Shadow maneuvers and spells as their thematics are entirely about filth, noxious gases, swamps, etc. This is most apparent in Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons.
- Blue Dragons changed to have Sand Spew instead of Lightning Breath and Deceit and Sand maneuvers and spells as their thematics are entirely about deserts, sand, and illusions/deception. This is most apparent in Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons.
- Brass Dragons changed to have Sand Spew instead of Fire Breath and Air and Sand maneuvers and spells as their thematics are entirely about sand and wind. This is most apparent in Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons.
- Bronze Dragons now have Storm and Water spells.
- Copper Dragons now have the Acid Splash cantrip.
- Gold Dragons changed to have Radiant Breath instead of Fire Breath and Holy and Light spells based on Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons.
- Green Dragons now have Plant spells.
- Red Dragons now have Fury maneuvers.
- Silver Dragons now have Air maneuvers and spells and Ice spells.
- White Dragons now have Fury maneuvers and Ice spells.
- Magic items
- Dragon Scale Mail updated based on the dragon changes.
- Aarakocra now knows 2 maneuvers.
- Centaur now knows 2 maneuvers.
- Elf: High Elves now learn 2 cantrips.
- Elf: Sea Elf variant added.
- Gnome: Forest Gnome updated to be able to hide when lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
- Shifter: each variant now knows 2 maneuvers.
- Sprite renamed Fairy.
- Ssurran now knows 2 maneuvers.
- Vayemniri breath spell alternative changed from fear to frightful presence.
- Kobold and Vayemniri updated based on the dragon changes.
- Squirt Bile (Sibriex) now scales more at higher challenges.
December 5th, 2022
- Yuan-ti species added.
December 4th, 2022
- Improved sleep added to the Fey Suffused’s Faerie Dust feature.
- Humanoid replaced with creature for all spells except Fiendish Calling for the material requirement and Mind Control for the creature type. All other cases were not necessary/relevant.
- Added creature type to all species. Only Android and Warforged are constructs while Changeling and Centaur and Changelings are fey.
- Aasimar Healing Hands trait updated to heal based on Aptitude Bonus.
- Bugbear species added.
- Centaur trait renamed Natural affinity and Medicine added to the list of skills.
- Firbolg now has the Hidden Step trait.
- Orc now has the Powerful Build trait.
- Shadar-kai added as an Elf variant.
- Sprite species added.
- Ssurran can now learn magic instead of their maneuver.
- Aarakocra magic trait renamed to Wind Caller.
- Earth Genasi’s Stone’s Endurance trait corrected to only improve at 13th level, not 5th level.
- Drow moved back into the Elf species as a variant.
- Duergar moved back into the Dwarf species as a variant.
- Svirfneblin moved back into the Gnome species as a variant.
November 27th, 2022
- Skilled wording for 3rd, 5th, and 7th level cleaned up so the advancements for each level are in the same sentence.
- Fixed a bug that showed a theme on the initial themes and the subclass themes if that theme was the only possible choice for the subclass. #987
- Psi-blades are explicitly weapons in the sword weapon group.
November 20th, 2022
- Volatile Power with Ice adjusted to use the slowed condition.
- Cold Fog, Cold Fog Bomb, Cone of Cold, Frost Nova, Liquid Ice, Prismatic Vortex, and Slowing Gas slightly buffed to align their output to the expected result.
- Alchemical Fire damage reduced slightly.
- Poison Potion damage buffed slightly.
- Acid Splash damage reduced as it applies the corroded condition.
- The expected damage of cantrips has changed from 3.3 to 3.5 which moved the average from 3.4 to 3.6. Acid Splash, Control Shadow, Dancing Lights, Dissipating Touch, Dune Hammer, Flesh Armament, Force Blade, Mold Earth, Primal Savagery, Produce Flame, Snowball/Icicle, Stonefist, Sword Burst, and Thorn Bola all have their damage increased. Disturb now causes a creature to move 1 meter away on a failed save.
- Burn added as a Fire cantrip.
- Produce Flame ranged changed to 5 meters.
- Snowball/Icicle removed in favor of putting it in Form Ice, replacing the existing attack which was very similar.
- Frostbite changed to apply the slowed condition.
- Chilling Strike no longer applies disadvantage on attacks.
- Winter’s Bite no longer applies disadvantage on attacks.
- Added the corroded condition to Dissolve as it was intended to be there.
August 7th, 2022
- Enhancer and Fleshwarper subclasses added to the Alchemist.
- Grenadier renamed Demolitionist.
July 28th, 2022
- Water needs are clarified to be three liters, or four liters if the character does not consume an adequate amount of food which contains liquid.
July 23rd, 2022
- Black Hole added as a 5 mana spell to the Gravity theme.
July 21st, 2022
- Mutant Mutagen armor increase formula changed to take Constitution into account.
- Shaman inherently has the Spirit theme.
- Shifter no longer gets a movement speed boost at 5th level. Instead, it moves faster while shifted.
- Shifter has a minor armor buff while shifted.
- Shifter shift can be used twice between rests at all tiers.
- Shapeshifter added back to the Suffused as a shapeshifting class similar to the Shifter with a cantrip casting ability like the Magus.
- Vessel unarmed damage increased from 1d4 to 1d6.
July 20th, 2022
- Bloodrager’s Bloodrage and Vessel’s Unleash changed to recharge on a short or long rest.
July 19th, 2022
- Totem Spirit and Spirit Walker feats incorporated into the Naturalist Natural Boons.
- Commune with Nature Primal Call renamed Spirit Walker and now requires the Totem Spirit Natural Boon.
- Shaman added as an archetype. #2
- Natural Explorer reworked to absorb RAW Land’s Stride benefits. It also replaced the clunky three-fourths speed with difficult terrain not costing extra movement.
- Totem Spirit and Spirit Walker feats incorporated into the Naturalist Natural Boons. Thick Hide and Bestial Wings feats now require Naturalist with the Totem Spirit Natural Boon.
- Thick Hide feat buffed to be as strong as Resilient Warrior.
- Familiar Senses feat expanded to work with Divine Emissary and Wild Companion.
- Cleaned up some the Gravity and Telekinesis themes. #594
- Gravitational Well removed from Telekinesis.
- Reverse Gravity removed from Telekinesis.
- Wall Bind added to Gravity.
- Unburden added to Air, Gravity, and Telekinesis as it is similar to levitate.
- Gravitational Pull added to Gravity as a reskin of Earthbind.
- Wall Walker added to Gravity and Telekinesis.
- Minor Gravity added to Gravity as a reskin of Minor Telekinesis without the minute control, but longer range.
- Feather Fall added to Gravity.
- Gravitational Buoyancy added to Gravity as a reskin of Airy and Athlete.
- Upend added to Gravity as a reskin of Updraft.
- Gravity Vortex added to Gravity as a reskin of Whirlwind.
- Maelstrom and Whirlwind no longer have to be created on the ground or move along the ground.
- Fluid Footwork reworked to replace the clunky three-fourths speed with difficult terrain not costing extra movement.
July 17th, 2022
- Barbarian added as an archetype to Naturalist. It has Primal Rage and Reckless Attack that the Berserker had.
- Warrior Battlemaster can now action surge three times starting at 9th level and four times starting at 13th level.
- Warrior Berserker’s Rage and Reckless attack replaced with Frenzy which allows the Berserker to attack, dash, or use some skills on each turn.
- Land’s Stride removed as it isn’t fitting for the Naturalist.
- Natural Explorer moved into Natural Boons and Natural Boons increased from two to three.
- Timeless body causes you to cease aging at 17th level.
- Speaking to animals and plants removed from Ancient Power as it is an option in Natural Boons called Wild Empathy.
- Wild empathy effects reworded.
- Gnome, Shifter
- Animal empathy effects reworded.
- Gnome, Shifter
- Bestial Spells feat changed to 6th level as Wild Shape is a 2 mana spell.
- Wild Companion added to the Animal theme.
- Blood Sentinel Divine Emissary, Find Familiar, and Wild Companion are mutually exclusive.
- Speak with Animals spell and potion Animal empathy effects reworded.
- Chaos’ animal empathy effect reworded.
- Familiar can be brought back by expending 1 mana.
July 9th, 2022
- Toxic Fumes corrected to deal poison damage. #983
June 26th, 2022
- The UI library that the site uses has been updated.
- The library that converts my markdown data to html has been updated.
June 25th, 2022
- The site had all of its dependencies updated and the styling technology is replaced with a better option.
- Arcane Research is now determined in 2 hour chunks.
- Arcane Research feature clarified so cantrips cost 1 mana minimum. #982
- Psychic Reformation clarified for how it interacts with a Mage’s spellbook. #981
February 13th, 2022
- Made some upgrades to the technologies the site uses.