As two actions, you transform into a beast companion form that you know, using 2 resources. You can learn a form that you have seen before and that you have detailed knowledge of and you can learn a number of forms equal to your proficiency bonus.
You automatically revert if the spell ends, if you fall unconscious, if you drop to 0 health, or if you die. You can revert to your normal form earlier on your turn (no action required). You can expend additional mana or psi to extend the duration of the spell.
While you are transformed, the following rules apply:
- Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the chosen companion form, though you retain your personality, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature’s bonus instead of yours.
- You retain your health and Health Dice. You gain temporary health equal to the companion form’s Constitution multiplied by double the amount of resources used. When the spell ends any remaining temporary health vanishes.
- Your ability to speak or use any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form.
- You retain the benefit of any feats and features from your class, species, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so with the following limitations
- You can’t use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense.
- You can’t cast spells. Transforming doesn’t break your concentration on a spell you’ve already cast, however, or prevent you from using actions that are part of a spell, such as call lightning, that you’ve already cast.
- You retain your mana, mana limit, psi, psi limit, stamina dice, and dice limit, but do not gain your new form’s mana or stamina dice.
- You can use any maneuver you know or a maneuver known by your new form.
- You can use an action to expend mana or psi so your form gains 3 stamina dice per mana or psi expended, up to your mana limit or psi limit.
- You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the GM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature’s shape. Your equipment doesn’t change shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can’t wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form.
You can use an additional resource for each additional mana or psi expended. If you expend 4 or more mana or psi and the spell lasts for the duration, the transformation lasts until it is dispelled.
You can expend 1 additional mana or psi to target a willing creature you touch while you concentrate on the spell.