As you spend 1 hour to cast this spell, you elevate your mind to a near-universal consciousness, cogitating countless impressions and predictions involving any creature you have seen before.
This process gives you an uncannily accurate vision of the creature’s nature, activities, and whereabouts. When you cast the spell, you learn the following facts about the creature:
- Its name, species, and character class.
- A general estimate of its level or Health Dice: low (5 HD or lower), medium (6 to 10 HD), high (11 to 20 HD), very high (21 HD to 30 HD), or deific (31 HD or higher).
- Its location (including place of residence, town, country, world, and plane of existence).
- Significant items currently in its possession.
- Any significant activities or actions the creature has undertaken in the previous 8 hours, including details such as locales traveled through, the names or species of those the creature fought, spells it has used, items it acquired, and items it left behind (including the location of those items).
- A current mental view of the creature, as described in the clairvoyancence spell, which you can maintain with concentration for up to 1 hour.
Metafaculty can defeat spells and special abilities such as nondetection (or even a wish spell) that normally obscure divination spells. Make an ability check using your spell ability. The DC equals 11 + twice the mana or psi expended to cast the spell.
On a success, you defeat these sorts of otherwise impervious defenses.
The amount of information gained from metafaculty is taxing on the mind. You become exhausted 1 when you cast this spell.