Fairies are a wee folk. Infused with the magic of the Feywild, most fairies look like Small elves with insectile wings.
Your fairy character has the following traits.
Creature Type. You are a Fey.
Health. Your health increases by 6.
Age. Fairies reach adulthood after 2 years, old age around 150 years.
Size. Fairies are about a 75 centimeters tall and weigh about 15 kilos. Your size is Small. You require half as much food and water as a Medium character.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 5 meters.
Low-Light Vision. You have superior vision in dim conditions. You can see twice as far in dim light and dim light doesn’t impose disadvantage on your Perception checks.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Limited Wings. You have wings that give you the following benefits:
- You can use Soften fall from Nimbleness even if you are not capable.
- You have advantage on Athletics checks to Jump and Nimbleness checks to Soften fall.
- As long as you aren’t encumbered by weight, you have a flying speed equal to half your walking speed. This benefit works only in short bursts; you fall if you end your turn in the air and nothing else is holding you aloft.
- At 5th level as part of your move, as long as you aren’t encumbered by weight, you can fly into the air with a flying speed equal to your walking speed for 1 minute. You regain the ability to fly with this trait when you finish a short or long rest.
Faerie Magic. You know the dancing lights or druidcraft cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you know the faerie fire, invisibility, and sleep spells and can cast one without expending mana. You regain the ability to cast one of these spells with this trait when you finish a long rest. If you do not have a spellcasting ability, choose Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as your spellcasting ability for these spells.
At 5th level you regain the ability to cast one of these spells with this trait when you finish a short or long rest. At 13th level your spell is augmented to 2 mana.
If you have mana, you can augment your spell by expending mana, up to your mana limit.
Faerie Dust. As an action, you spread faerie dust over a creature within 1 meter of you. If the creature is willing, it gains one of the following effects:
- Gain a flying speed of 5 meters for 1 minute.
- Become invisible for 1 minute or until they attack or cast a spell.
- It falls into a deep sleep, reducing its exhaustion level by an additional 1 when it awakes.
Once you use this trait, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
If you have mana you can target two additional creatures for each mana expended. The creatures must be within 1 meter of each other when you target them.
Languages. You are proficient with Linguistics (Common) and Linguistics (Sylvan).