concentration, 1 minute/mana
As two actions, a shimmering, multicolored vortex of light forms at a point that you can see within 20 meters. The vortex is a cylinder centered on that point.
At the start of each of your turns if the vortex is within 20 meters of you, you can cause it to move up to 2 meters in a direction that you choose. If you spend an action, you can move it up to 10 meters.
The vortex is full of different colors and each has a different power and purpose. A creature must make a Reflex saving throw the first time on a turn that it enters the vortex or that the vortex enters its space, including when the vortex first appears. For each creature, roll a d8 to determine which color affects it.
1. Red. It takes 2d8 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
2. Orange. It takes 2d8 acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
3. Yellow. It takes 2d8 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
4. Green. It takes 2d8 poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
5. Blue. It takes 2d8 cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
On a success, the slowed level is reduced by 1.
On a success, the blindness ends.
8. Special. A creature is struck by two colors. Roll twice more, rerolling any 8.
You can increase the damage for the red, orange, yellow, green, and blue colors by 1d8 and the indigo by 1d6 for every other additional mana expended. If you expend 4 or more mana the following colors change:
Indigo. If the slowed level reaches 4, the creature is turned to stone, no longer makes saving throws each turn, and is subjected to the petrified condition for the duration. Since this spell induces the process of becoming petrified, any effect that removes petrified apply to it.
You can expend 1 additional mana so a creature that fails its saving throw rolls on the Wild Surge table to create a random magical effect. This wild surge can only occur once each round, and the spell ends once five surges have triggered.