Kobold InventorSmall humanoid (kobold)
Alchemy. The kobold inventor’s alchemy ability is Intelligence (alchemical save DC 12, +4 to hit with alchemical attacks). It has 2 catalysts, a catalysts limit of 1, regains all expended catalysts when it finishes a long rest and regains half its total catalysts when it finishes a short rest. It knows the following concoctions:
Pack Tactics. The kobold has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the kobold’s allies is within 1 meter of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.
Sunlight Sensitivity. While in sunlight, the kobold has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Perception checks that rely on sight.
Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 1 m. or range 3/10 m. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
Scorpion on a stick. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 1 m. Hit: 1 piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 11 Fortitude saving throw, taking 4 (1d8) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Sling. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/20 m. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage.
Weapon Invention. The kobold uses one of the following options; the kobold can use each one no more than once per day:
- Basket of Centipedes. The kobold throws a small basket into a 1-meter square space within 3 meters of it. A swarm of insects (centipedes) with 11 health emerges from the basket and rolls initiative. At the end of each of the swarm’s turns, there’s a 50 percent chance that the swarm disperses.
- Green Slime Pot. The kobold throws a clay pot full of green slime at the target, and it breaks open on impact. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 3/10 m. Hit: The target is covered in a patch of green slime (see chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide). Miss: A patch of green slime covers a randomly determined 1-meter square section of wall or floor within 1 meter of the target.
- Rot Grub Pot. The kobold throws a clay pot into a 1-meter square space within 5 meters of it, and it breaks open on impact. A swarm of rot grubs with 11 health emerges from the shattered pot and remains a hazard in that square.
- Skunk in a Cage. The kobold releases a skunk into an unoccupied space within 1 meter of it. It rolls initiative and, on its turn, uses an action to spray musk at a random creature within 1 meter of it.
- Wasp Nest in a Bag. The kobold throws a small bag into a 1-meter square space within 5 meters of it. A swarm of insects (wasps) with 11 health emerges from the bag and rolls initiative. At the end of each of the swarm’s turns, there’s a 50 percent chance that the swarm disperses.
No concoctions, maneuvers, or spells
All monsters in this system should have maneuvers or spells. You should add some maneuvers or spells to this monster. If you do so, please make a suggestion on github so I can finish adding maneuvers and spells to all monsters via https://github.com/mlenser/kryx-rpg-issues/issues/9