As an action, you can create a vial of rainbow liquid with fur suspended in it. A creature can drink the contents as an action to transform into a beast companion form that you know, using 2 resources. You can learn a form that you have seen before and that you have detailed knowledge of and you can learn a number of forms equal to your proficiency bonus.
The drinker can revert to its normal form earlier by using a bonus action on its turn. It automatically revert if the concoction ends, if it falls unconscious, if it drops to 0 health, or if it dies.
While the drinker is transformed, the following rules apply:
- Its game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the chosen companion form, though it retains its personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. It also retains all of its skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as the drinker and the bonus in its stat block is higher than the drinkers, use the creature’s bonus instead of the drinkers.
- The drinker retains its health and Health Dice. It gains temporary health equal to the companion form’s Constitution multiplied by double the amount of resources used.
- The drinker’s ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of the beast form.
- The drinker retains the benefit of any feats and features from your class, species, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so with the following limitations
- The drinker can’t use any of its special senses, such as darkvision, unless the new form also has that sense.
- The drinker can’t cast spells. Transforming doesn’t break concentration on a spell the drinker already cast, however, or prevent it from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as call lightning, that it already cast.
- The drinker retains its mana, mana limit, stamina dice, and dice limit, but does not gain the new form’s mana or stamina dice.
- The drinker can use any maneuver it knows or a maneuver known by the new form.
- You can expend catalysts so the form gains 3 stamina dice per catalyst expended, up to your catalyst limit.
- The drinker chooses whether its equipment falls to the ground in its space, merges into its new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the GM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature’s shape. The drinker’s equipment doesn’t change shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can’t wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until the drinker leaves the form.
The potion drinker can use an additional resource for each additional catalyst expended. If you expend 5 or more catalysts and the concoction lasts for the duration, the transformation lasts until it is dispelled.